RHOP | Radiography
- You will take a prescribed course of study at Peru State for 2 years and then transfer for the remainder of course work to UNMC's College of Allied Health.
- At UNMC, you will experience a 21-month program consisting of lectures, demonstrations, laboratories, and clinical instruction using a multitude of educational delivery methods .
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will practice in rural Nebraska.
Career Preparation Activities
Exposure to the world of radiography and rural health care is an important additional objective of the student’s studies at Peru State College. Some activities in which each student may participate include:
- Attend UNMC conducted video conferences and classes.
- Develop a professional relationship with one or more practicing radiographers.
- Job shadow radiographers.
- Tour the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Work with radiography students at UNMC.
- Potentially attend classes with radiography students at UNMC.
- Observe radiographers practicing in the community.
- Participate in on-campus activities for health professions students.
- Meet with the RHOP coordinator regularly and follow the specific curriculum designed for this program.
- Complete courses in a timely manner in order to enter the professional program as scheduled.
|Seats available||2 (2 alternates)|
|Competitive ACT, but not required||23 or above|
|H.S. G.P.A. Requirement||3.0|
|Deadline to Apply (application available September 15)||December 1|
|Contact||Dr. Paul Hinrichs|