RHOP | Physician Assistant
- You gain acceptance to UNMC’s physician assistance program in Omaha upon satisfactory completion of the four-year undergraduate program at Peru State College.
- You take a prescribed course of study for a Bachelor of Science degree from Peru State before entering P.A. classes at UNMC.
- At UNMC, you will experience 13 months of basic medical science and pre-clinical courses followed by 15 months of supervised clinical education with physicians in rural Nebraska.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a master of Physician Assistance Studies degree from UNMC.
Career Preparation Activities
Exposure to the world of a Physician Assistant and rural health care is an important additional objective of the student’s studies at Peru State. Some activities in which each student may participate include:
- Attend UNMC conducted video conferences and classes.
- Develop a professional relationship with one or more practicing Physician Assistant professionals.
- Job shadow Physician Assistant professionals.
- Tour the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Work with Physician Assistant students at UNMC.
- Potentially attend classes with Physician Assistant students at UNMC.
- Observe Physician Assistant professionals practicing in the community.
- Participate in on-campus activities for health professions students.
- Meet with the RHOP coordinator regularly and follow the specific curriculum designed for this program.
- Complete courses in a timely manner in order to enter the professional program as scheduled.
|Seats Available||3 (3 alternates)|
|Competitive ACT, but not required||24 or above|
|High School GPA Requirement||3.0 (must also maintain 3.0 GPA while studying at Peru State)|
|Time at Peru State/
Time at UNMC Omaha
|4 years/2.5 years|
|Deadline to Apply (applications available September 15)||December 1|
|Contact||Dr. Paul Hinrichs|