RHOP | Physical Therapy
- You gain acceptance to UNMC’s College of Allied Health program in Omaha upon satisfactory completion of the four-year undergraduate program at PSC.
- You take a prescribed course of study for a Bachelor of Science degree from PSC before entering classes at UNMC.
- At UNMC, you will experience basic medical science and pre-clinical courses followed by supervised clinical education with physicians in rural Nebraska.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from UNMC.
Career Preparation Activities
Exposure to the world of Physical Therapy and rural health care is an important additional objective of the student’s studies at PSC. Some activities in which each student may participate include:
- Attend UNMC conducted video conferences and classes.
- Develop a professional relationship with one or more practicing Physical Therapy professionals.
- Job shadow Physical Therapy professionals.
- Tour the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Work with Physical Therapy students at UNMC.
- Potentially attend classes with Physical Therapy students at UNMC.
- Observe Physical Therapy professionals practicing in the community.
- Participate in on-campus activities for health professions students.
- Meet with the RHOP coordinator regularly and follow the specific curriculum designed for this program.
- Complete courses in a timely manner in order to enter the professional program as scheduled.
||2 (2 alternates)|
|Competitive ACT, but not required||24 or above|
|High School GPA Requirement||3.5 (must also maintain 3.5 GPA while studying at Peru State)|
|Time at Peru State/
Time at UNMC Omaha
|4 years/3 years|
|Deadline to Apply (applications available September 15)||December 1|
|Contact||Dr. Dennis Welsh