RHOP | Occupational Therapy
- You gain acceptance to UNMC’s College of Allied Health program located in Kearney
or Omaha upon satisfactory completion of the four-year undergraduate program at Peru
- You take a prescribed course of study for a Bachelor of Science degree from Peru State
before entering classes at UNMC.
- At UNMC, you will gain expertise to advance health through meaningful participation
in everyday living for all people and communities.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) degree from UNMC.
Career Preparation Activities
Exposure to the world of Occupational Therapy and rural health care is an important additional objective of the student’s studies at Peru State. Some activities in which each student may participate include:
- Attend UNMC conducted video conferences and classes.
- Develop a professional relationship with one or more practicing Occupational Therapy
- Job shadow Occupational Therapy professionals.
- Tour the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Participate in on-campus activities for health professions students.
- Meet with the RHOP coordinator regularly and follow the specific curriculum designed
for this program.
- Complete courses in a timely manner in order to enter the professional program as
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA while at Peru State College.
|Seats||2 (2 alternates)|
|Competitive ACT, but not required||24 or above|
|High School GPA Requirement||3.0 (must also maintain 3.0 GPA while studying at Peru State)|
|Time at Peru State / Time at UNMC Omaha||4 years / 3 years|
|Contact||Dr. Paul Hinrichs|