RHOP | Medical Lab Science
- You gain acceptance to UNMC’s College of Allied Health program in Omaha upon satisfactory completion of the program at Peru State College.
- You will take a prescribed course of study at Peru State for 3 years and then transfer for the remainder of course work to UNMC’s College of Allied Health.
- At UNMC, you will experience 12 weeks of basic laboratory classes at the Omaha or Kearney campus followed by nine months of clinical education at one of the following sites: Grand Island, Hastings, Norfolk, Kearney or North Platte.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a master degree from UNMC.
Career Preparation Activities
Exposure to the world of Medical Lab Science and rural health care is an important additional objective of the student’s studies at Peru State. Some activities in which each student may participate include:
- Attend UNMC conducted video conferences and classes.
- Develop a professional relationship with one or more practicing Medical Lab Science professionals.
- Job shadow Medical Lab Science professionals.
- Tour the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Work with Medical Lab Science students at UNMC.
- Potentially attend classes with Medical Lab Science students at UNMC.
- Observe Medical Lab Science professionals practicing in the community.
- Participate in on-campus activities for health professions students.
- Meet with the RHOP coordinator regularly and follow the specific curriculum designed for this program.
- Complete courses in a timely manner in order to enter the professional program as scheduled.
|Seats available||3 (3 alternates)|
|Competitive ACT, but not required||24 or above|
|H.S. G.P.A. Requirement||3.0|
|Time at Peru State/
Time at UNMC Omaha
|3 years/1 year|
|Deadline to Apply (application available September 15)||December 1|
|Contact||Dr. Paul Hinrichs|