Academic Program: Psychology
Student Learning Goals and Outcomes
- Knowledge base in Psychology.
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of key concepts, principles, and overarching themes of psychology.
- Scientific inquiry and critical thinking.
- Students will be able to use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena.
- Students will be able to demonstrate psychology information literacy.
- Ethical and social responsibility in a diverse world.
- Students will be able to apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice.
- Students will be able to value individuals from populations other than their own.
- Students will be able to demonstrate effective writing for different purposes.
- Students will demonstrate effective presentation skills for different purposes.
- Professional Development.
- Students will use knowledge gained and skills acquired to develop meaningful professional direction.
Alcohol and Drug Counseling (Minor)