PHEAST | Apply
To be eligible for the PHEAST program, the applicant must:
- Be a Nebraska resident in the second semester of their sophomore or junior year at Peru State College.
- Have a minimum of 24 on the ACT or 1680 on the SAT.
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.3.
Students will submit their applications to the University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health (UNMC, CoPH) Student Recruitment and Admissions Committee for acceptance into PHEAST and provisional acceptance to the Master of Public Health program by March 15th.
Applications shall include:
- Complete the PHEAST Application.
- The student’s most recent transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation.
The complete application package must be submitted by the March 15th Deadline.
Application Review Process
The UNMC, CoPH Student Recruitment and Admissions Committee will review the application, and select students for provisional acceptance into the UNMC CoPH Master of Public Health Program.
The PHEAST admissions committee includes:
- PHEAST directors
(current Rural Health Opportunities Program directors at the undergraduate institutions).
- UNMC CoPH faculty
(to include the Rural Health Education Network Director and the chair of the Student Recruitment and Admissions Committee, plus others to be identified).
PHEAST directors and UNMC CoPH faculty will serve as the admissions body and identify
up to three individuals from Peru State College for acceptance into the PHEAST program
per academic year.
- Visit the UNMC campus (fall of junior and senior year).
- Successfully complete the Foundations in Public Health online course.
- Declare a concentration and meet individual MPH concentration admission requirements.
- Successfully complete an entry level statistics course regardless of concentration.
- Take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
The recommended score is 1,000 or higher (combined quantitative and analytical).
- Submit an updated resume prior to admission.