Academic Program: Natural Science
Student Learning Goals and Outcomes
- Baccalaureate-level mastery of scientific vocabulary and concepts appropriate to the
major discipline of study.
- Students will be able define and use the scientific vocabulary appropriate to the major discipline of study.
- Ability to utilize the scientific method in problem solving.
- Students will be able to plan a scientific study appropriate to their major discipline of study.
- Students will be able to analyze a scientific study to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to critically evaluate scientific ideas and data and incorporate new information
in a synthetic context.
- Students will be able to construct explicit mechanistic links between scientific disciplines.
- Students will be able to discuss new ideas in the context of their existing knowledge.
- Ability and proclivity for life-long learning
- Students will be able to utilize the scientific knowledge base.
- Students will explain how they access valid scientific information to solve problems and improve their knowledge of subjects related to their major discipline of study and professional interests.