Emeritus Faculty Information
Emeritus status may be granted by the Board at its pleasure, to tenured faculty members,
or professional staff members who previously held a tenured faculty position at the
College, upon retirement. Emeritus status is awarded by the Board to recognize employees
who are nominated by the College for their significant contributions and service to
Nominations for Emeritus status shall be made in writing, shall describe the full history of services and contributions to the College and shall provide justification for the nomination. The College President’s approval is required in order for the nomination to move forward. Approved nominations shall be submitted to the Board through the Chancellor and shall include the Chancellor’s and the President’s recommendations. Should the nomination be approved by the Board prior to Commencement activities at the end of the individual’s final year of service to the College, Emeritus status may be announced during the ceremony.
1. An individual may be nominated for Emeritus status once his/her letter of retirement has been submitted and accepted by the College. The following are the minimum criteria for consideration for the granting of Emeritus status. Because an individual meets the minimum criteria should not be considered adequate justification for recommending Emeritus status.
2. Completion of a minimum of fifteen (15) years of full-time employment at the State College;
3. Earned rank of full Professor;
4. Exemplary performance in the areas of teaching, scholarship/creative activities, and service throughout his/her tenure at the College; and,
5. Demonstrated leadership and collaboration.
To nominate a retired or retiring faculty member for Emeriti status, please provide the following:
1. Completed Emeritus Nomination Form that includes Dean signature
2. Letter of nomination
Send this information to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The VPAA will share the nomination with the faculty member, obtain the nominee's curriculum vita, and gather additional materials needed for the process.
Board Policy 5017 describes the process, requirements, and responsibilities for Emeriti status.
Peru State College Emeritus Faculty
- Ken Anderson (1984-2016), Professor Emeritus of Art
- Clyde Barrett (1965-1993), Professor Emeritus of English
- Everett Browning (1969-1986), Professor Emeritus of Journalism
- Bill Clemente (1992-2018), Professor Emeritus of English
- Spencer Davis (1984-2017), Professor Emeritus of History
- David Edris (1974-2008), Professor Emeritus of Music
- Judy Grotrian (1998-2019), Professor Emeritus of Business
- Dan Holtz (1987-2016), Professor Emeritus of English
- Paul Kruse (1969-1994), Assistant Professor Emeritus of Library Science
- Kelly Liewer (1968-1997), Registrar Emeritus
- Daryl Long (1967-2017), Professor Emeritus of Mathematics
- David Pippert (1977-1999), Professor Emeritus of Natural Science
- Bill Snyder (1979-2011), Professor Emeritus of Business